Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thanks Mom for everything

My mom and I don't see eye-to-eye on a number of things. Sure, we may have similar beliefs when it comes to Christianity, but I take a more liberal approach to it than my mom does. Yeah, we're both outgoing, but her social circle is her church, while my social circle is...well...my social circle consists of many different circles. My mom has her view of who I should marry, while I already have my idea of "the one" would be for me (if you must know, Momma wants me to marry an Indonesian girl, but all of you know what I prefer). And yeah, we argue about all the stupid basic beliefs we each hold.

But regardless of the differences, my mom has always supported me. She hated the fact that I went to DC for college, but she let me do it. And when things went south down there, she told me to head back home up north so she could offer her own bailout package, and she did bail me out. Recently I told her about my last relationship, and she kinda objected to it, but she let me go ahead w/ it only because I was truly happy. For the most part, she supports me and we get along in our own unique way.

In all earnestness, without her, I dunno where I would end up today. So happy Mother's Day, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment