Friday, June 5, 2009

Blogging fron 36,000 feet above sea level.

If you can't tell, I love Virgin America already.

RIght now, I'm flying over Lafayette, Indiana, en route non-stop from NYC to San Francisco via Virgin America. Let's stop right there for a moment.

Why am I going to San Francisco? Originally, it was to have some fun w/ a friend on her bday weekend. Unfortunately, she's a tad bit under the weather, so the celebration has been limited to one day, and that'll be on my last full day on Sunday. So, for the most part, I'll be a solo tourist, doing the fun SF stuff (again) and going out for a run or two w/ all the hills SF can throw at me.

Ok, back to the real reason why I'm blogging this.

I LOVE VIRGIN AMERICA.

First off, when I was looking around for direct flights to SF, Virgin America was offering flights for 99 bucks each way. That is WAY LESS than taking an Acela Express train from NYC to DC, and WAY MORE LESS than taking a shuttle flight from NYC to DC. So there.

Second, they're trying to save on resources efficiently. For example, my boarding pass is no bigger than a standard 3x5 postcard, maybe smaller perhaps. That goes a long way in saving trees.

Ok, the flight itself. I'm listening to Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" on the in-flight entertainment system (which also has some TV channels, video games, and seat-to-seat instant messaging, along w/ a map of the flight path thus far [we're flying over Illinois right now in a bit of turbulence]), and my macbook is connected via WiFi (which costs 12.95 per flight). Oh yeah, and there's an outlet for my macbook to remain juiced. The internet connection is AWESOME. I IM'd a few people, no problems. I also uploaded a few Photo Booth pics onto Facebook w/ very little waiting.

Well, that's my quick and dirty review from high above the ground. I'll be blogging from San Francisco this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment