Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catching up.

Photo 282.jpg

Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning to my girlfriend's text messages, and I couldn't go back to bed since. So I'm up and at em, not being cognizant of the fact that the clocks changed. No worries, I slept through it. Thanks Boo for getting me to bed early Saturday night.

Here's how last week went.

Monday was apparently a snow day...for schools and colleges, not for the financial markets. I schlepped it to work in the snow and slush and all that wintry jazz. I even schlepped it to lunch w/ Dana, even though she was still way too full from our Tex-Mex dinner the night before. The salads were yum-o! After work, I hit the gym to burn off some of the excessive calories consumed during the Foodie Weekend w/ Danaboo.

Tuesday, Dana and I took advantage of the $2 margaritas at the Cubbyhole after work. Holla!

Wednesday, Dana and I separated to do our own thing (shocker!). I went to Highline Ballroom to catch Keaton Simons, Pat McGee and Tyrone Wells. All three of them are accomplished musicians and songwriters and know how to put on a show. And while it sucked that there were tables on the GA floor, it was great to catch up w/ some of the concert crew and update them on my life, all the while rocking out front and center! Once the show ended, I bolted out to meet up w/ a couple of other friends who was at a Green River Ordinance show. Afterwards, I was entertained by some drunk girl who apparently lost just about every essential item she needed.

Thursday, Dana and I hit up the Cubbyhole and then we lucked out in getting seats to the Watchmen. Unfortunately, Dana couldn't follow the plot all too well, and so it was an early exit for us and we hit up my usual "stumbling home" diner.

Friday, Dana went home and I went to see Justin Nozuka. Made some new friends, and enjoyed yet another great set from a singer/songwriter who knows how to infuse acoustic folk w/ soul and elements of rock.

Anyway, yeah. Dana and I are inseparable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment