Sunday, March 22, 2009

so many things happening all at once.

In the last week, it seemed like everything was just about right with the world. I have an awesome girlfriend who I can chill with and be around with and fall in love with over and over again. Last Tuesday I reunited w/ Sami, someone who I haven't seen or spoken to in MONTHS, and became good friends w/ Sami's best friend Liz. Liz is awesome, and I'm glad Sami and I are talking again. And, even though this may sound a tad bit negative, I finally let go of someone who I couldn't be friends with anymore. Sure, there was drama behind it, but the deed had to be done. I couldn't waste my time and energy on this person anymore.

And even today, it seemed like everything was right. Rock and Roll Revival Rehearsal went well, the actual worship service itself went well w/ me at the helm, leading the congregation in church. But then I got questioned on some things...

In a private church meeting w/ a few individuals, I was confronted about my dual lifestyle. You know, the holy roller inside the church, the rockstar outside the church. Yep, word came up to church leadership that I haven't been so godly. And that this would be an embarrassment to everyone involved if my church leadership was affected by the way I lead my life outside of it. So, I was asked on the spot to wake up and fully recommit. I said I honestly couldn't do it at this time. They suggest I take a break and sort things out...even though I was hoping they force me to resign (that would be a much better option). Problem is, they can't afford to lose me as a member.

Anyway, I tell my mom about this. She isn't too happy, but she told me to also take a break and lay low. So...

I sent out an email to some of the church folk, telling them I was basically stepping down from my church leadership positions for personal reasons.

To be honest, I'm glad that everything is out in the open. I knew this was gonna eventually happen. Just goes to show I'm just a human being, and not some super utility guy, like I was expected to be.

BTW, I still think I have my life in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment