Monday, March 2, 2009

The Weekend Review!

Photo 280.jpg


Photo 281.jpg

I'm sure Dana's heart has plenty of color and such. I was in a bit of a rush, so it's a rather crude drawing. Sorry Boo.

Basically, it was a Dana/Riz kinda weekend, and I couldn't have asked for anything else, and I couldn't have asked for a better person to be around (we all know that by now). If we had to isolate any of the moments from the weekend, it would be those moments where we gained weight and became foodies (thanks Boo, I now have to hit the treadmill on Monday). But just to give you an idea of what we did...

Friday night, we hit up Room Service, a place in Chelsea I've come to know and love. Dana took my lead w/ the food and fell in love instantly. We both shared the coconut calamari tempura and then we each had the Room Service Pad Thai, which is not your basic run-of-the-mill Pad Thai (which apparently got Americanized). Yes, it has noodles and has those same tasty spices that would normally be in a Pad Thai, but it's overloaded w/ seafood, like shrimp, scallops, calamari, and even oysters. But here's what makes the Room Service Pad Thai very unique...it's all wrapped in an egg white. Yep, an egg white. Sooooooooooo yummy!

(this is where we wished we whipped out the camera for that dish)

Saturday night, Dana didn't wanna walk too far from the Cubbyhole, so we hit up a tiny bistro across the street called Cafe Cluny. Little did either of us know at the time how good the food would be. We both started off with the Organic Salmon Tartare, which was TO DIE FOR...


3171275689_661775b261.jpg

From there, Dana had the Coq Au Vin, which I thought was divine when I had her one bite (she fell in love with and was taken aback).

And I had the Braised Short Ribs w/ Foie Gras (for those not too familiar, foie gras = duck liver). I basically deconstructed the dish, first going after the foie gras, which melted in my mouth, and then picked away on the short rib, which also melted in my mouth. both parts of the dish were full of flavor and exploded in my mouth like it was the 4th of July (or my birthday weekend, I'm sure Dana would vote for my birthday weekend). Dana also fell in love w/ my dish when she took a bite of both parts of the dish, and was taken aback even more.


3224628023_0c5e354027.jpg

We both had our dinners w/ a Cote du Rhone, a nice red wine that's both bold and sweet, but neither attribute overpowering the other. A nice balance.

Anyhoo, for dinner, Dana went after the Dark Chocolate Torte w/ mascarpone, which is really good if you love love love chocolate...


3172108584_5e5b195087.jpg

I went for the Brown Butter Pecan Tart w/ Maple Bourbon Ice Cream. It reminded Dana of a cookie her mom made, just only WAY BETTER.

So far 2 for 2.

Sunday night, we simplified it w/ some tex-mex goodness at Blockheads in Midtown East. Burritos and margaritas seemed to be the perfect way to end an awesome weekend. Oh yeah, and this drink.


IMG00075.jpg

Of course, I'll just keep it short about this, but yes. Dana and I are starting to get serious. I've told my friends; she's told her friends. And I don't think we're gonna let go anytime soon.


IMG00068.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment