Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hello Blog, How Are You?

Sorry it's been a long time since I blogged. And there's so much I need to update you on, so we'll see how far I get through today. Fortunately, things have slowed down in the office and my boss is at a conference today, so that leaves me w/ some time to reflect on the past. Let me start off by telling you that my Inner Circle has changed. For those that don't know, my Inner Circle is a small group of friends I hold near and dear to my heart for whatever reason. Some come and go, and not because I've kicked them out or whatever. Circumstances change and things happen. But I'm still glad to have these peeps in my life:
  • Lauren (my Mutzie): even though I don't speak to her as much as I used to, we're still fairly tight and I can lean on her whenever I need advice on something.
  • Lesley (my drinking buddy/brunch partner/Glee Recap buddy): thank God I can rely on someone that just wants to hang out and have a few drinks w/ me, and all I have to do is text her
  • Jenna (my Muffin): whoda thunk a chance encounter on a late Sunday afternoon would bloom into a great bartender/patron relationship? I've followed her into a 3rd bar this week, and I love how we can just talk about anything over a few beers and some whiskey.
  • Katie (my Sunday night drinking buddy): another person I can rely on to help me de-stress from my Sunday afternoon ritual.
  • Claire (my sidekick): she may have moved to Dallas, but we'll reunite on The Rock Boat, and all will be back to normal.

So I've been on a social tear as of late. So much of a tear that I rarely get nights of sobriety. For my Rock Boat friends, yes, I have begun my training! Night in and night out, I'm always out and about doing something, whether it's a show or I'm de-stressing or God knows what. And I'm doing more of my hanging out on the Lower East Side and East Village now...and staying put at Lucky Jack's, only 10 mins. away from my shoebox apartment...

Speaking of which, I had the place to myself last week! Momma went on vacation, which meant party in my place! Well...not really. But it was good to have the place to myself for a change.

Oh! Did I mention I went on a date lately? Went well, not gonna lay out the details and such, but yeah, I'm putting myself back out there!

And don't worry, I'm still going to shows, like a good concert whore would! October has been filled with shows. Let's see: Tyrone Wells, Erin McCarley, Will Hoge, Alternate Routes, JT Spangler, Nina Storey, Michael Tolcher, Hanson, Marc Broussard, Ernie Halter....it just keeps going!

Other than that, I'm prepped for my Rock Boat trip, which I can't wait for (as always!). And if I have any more stories to tell, I'll make sure to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment