Sunday, April 5, 2009

it's April.

Photo 284.jpg

I sent this pic to Dana this morning, only about an hour after I woke up.

It's a new month, and somewhat of a new beginning for me. I'll explain that in a bit.

Anyway, to explain the pic above: I'm pointing at the green bracelet because that's the bracelet that Dana told me to always wear. This was when we were having breakfast food late at night at my diner on the Lower East Side. She asked me which of her bracelets I wanted to wear, and I told her to surprise me. So she gave me the one bracelet that stood out, her green rubber bracelet. She placed it around my left wrist and told me to never ever take it off.

I'll admit it, I took it off for a day and a half. And now for the explanation.

My relationship status says "It's Complicated." And it's true. Right now, I'm allowing Dana to do her thing for the moment. I didn't want her to, and I didn't think there was anything wrong w/ me or us. But I guess Dana and I need a breather and really try to slow things down. Our relationship was emotionally deep and intense that if we really left each other, it would be devastating. For a moment, I freaked out (upon returning from a DC trip) and thought Dana and I were over. So I took off the bracelet and left it at home. But after a bit of a clarification and a reassurance that there is still that strong emotional attachment that fuels our love for each other, I put the bracelet back on the next day.

I say it's somewhat of a new beginning only because I don't want to find someone else. I mean, sure, if someone comes along my way, and I start developing feelings for that person, then yeah, I can move on. But right now, I would rather wait on Dana to be with me again, with an open door and open arms. And I know when it does happen, we'll have a much more meaningful relationship. I know that I just have to be patient. (funny thing, I just told a friend of mine to be patient w/ this guy that she wants to be with.)

Oh yeah, I don't mind just going on dates at this point. At least something to pass the time. :P

In the meantime, I'm basically gonna miss spending all that quality time with Dana. I still think about that time where we were practically inseparable, and how a couple of hours can seem like an eternity. I miss holding her hand. I miss all those talks about how Dana/Riz just works. I miss the moments of intimacy that leave me on Cloud 9. ok ok, I just miss Dana and how she stole my heart and took my breath away.

Let's see...what else has been happening???

Last weekend, I spent some time in DC for the Honor By August CD Release Show. And it was probably the best HBA headlining show I've been to to date. The 3 openers were amazing (Melodime, The Ruse, The Alternate Routes). And Honor By August simply rocked it like no other. Probably their best stuff to date, and it can only get better from there. Anyway, here's some footage from that show:


And just to prove that I was in typical Concert Riz fashion, some pics, courtesy of Erin Snapp @ SnappShot Photography (see the guy in The Red Hat? that's me!).

n1271501753_364176_2991523.jpg


n1271501753_364175_7863461.jpg


n1271501753_364172_8342793.jpg

Work has been work. It's been busy. But at least I still have a job and I'm getting paid so that I can live and do the things that I wanna do.

Well, that's it for now. I know, I have to work on getting that TRB Series completed. I'll eventually get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment